From Life Support and Job Loss to Starting Businesses from a Wheel Chair with Self-Storage Expert AJ Osborne
Manage episode 336482392 series 3336954
AJ Osborne, founder and CEO of Cedar Creek Wealth, joins Jamie to discuss his success investing in self-storage and the health challenges that massively impacted his life overnight. As a pioneer in the self-storage industry since 2004, he expounds on the potential for growth and expansion in the industry. He also shares how he balances his many successes with the frightening reality he faced at age 33 when he suddenly became paralyzed and on life support due to a rare autoimmune disorder. AJ was then fired from his job while in the hospital. Ultimately, his spirit of gratitude and thankfulness shifted his mindset and allowed him to reinvent himself and use his adversity to build a more meaningful life.
Tune in as Jamie and AJ discuss:
- How at the height of his businesses success he suddenly became paralyzed, went into a coma and was hospitalized for months.
- The ways his life was changed after being diagnosed with a severe case of Guillain-Barré syndrome and what caused the condition.
- Why we should be appreciative of the people who unfortunately bear the risks and side effects of vaccines.
- The one thing we all should be able to learn from the adversities that we and others experience.
- Why he was upset with his family for keeping him alive when the pain he was feeling was far worse than death.
- The value in talking about pain and the adversities we experience in life rather than hiding away from them.
- How he went from wanting to die to creating two businesses from a wheelchair.
- How adversities provide us with a greater appreciation for the small things in life that are often taken for granted.
- Innovate Academy, the school his wife started that teaches kids about finances, emotional intelligence and navigating life in a way that prepares them for the challenges of life.
Connect with AJ:
INVOTATE ACADEMY: https://innovateacademyprep.com
Support Labrador Lending:
Connect with Jamie: