422: How to Put Your Audience First with Lauryn Evarts Bosstick and Michael Bosstick of The Skinny Confidential
Manage episode 338230717 series 62727
In 2011, Lauryn Evarts Bosstick was in college and looking for a community. When a sorority came knocking, Lauryn turned to blogging instead, asking herself the questions every entrepreneur asks: How can I create this and do it better? After 3 years of blogging 7 days a week, Lauryn built Skinny Confidential into a community and a full-time business.
Today, The Skinny Confidential brand garners more than 2 million monthly impressions, and the podcast currently boasts more than 90 million downloads. In addition, Lauryn, alongside her partner Michael, launched a podcast incubator called Dear Media, which focuses on women's voices and narratives.
Listen to Nathan discuss with Lauryn and Michael about:
- How Lauryn built a loyal following as a college student
- The early days of podcasting and how it's evolved
- Launching the HIM & HER spinoff podcast
- Launching their first branded product
- Strategies to focus on your core audience
- Why they've never missed a bi-weekly show
- Lauryn's book The Skinny Confidential's Get the F*ck Out of the Sun
- Starting their podcast incubator and identifying talent
- And much more media business advice…
Who do you want to see next on the podcast? Comment and let us know! And don't forget to leave us a 5-star review if you loved this episode.
Wait, there's more… If you enjoy the Foundr podcast, check out our free trainings. Get exclusive, actionable advice from some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
Speak with our friendly course experts to get clarity on the next steps for your idea, business or career. You will get tailored insights from results achieved by our proven practitioners as well as thousands of students. Book a call now...
For more Foundr content, follow us on your favorite platform: