Manage episode 336702345 series 62727
In 2014, Erin Deering gifted Triangl swimwear to relatively unknown legacy celebrities Hailey Bieber ( Baldwin) and Bella Hadid. Their friend, Kendall Jenner, loved the products and reached out to Erin directly to get Triangl samples. Then Jenner posted on Instagram and tagged Triangl–that’s when everything went mad.
But the success of Triangl didn’t come from just celebrity endorsements. It came from developing a product that looked and felt like nothing else before. In 2018, Erin exited the business, but that’s when she stepped back and learned more about who she is as an entrepreneur and person outside of the multi-million dollar brand she built.
Listen to Nathan and Erin discuss:
- How Triangl started on a second date at the beach
- When their manufacturer stole their idea
- Why businesses undervalue word of mouth
- Their “one bikini sale a day” mindset
- Connecting with Hailey Bieber, Bella Hadid, and the Kardashians
- Dealing with copycats and competitors
- How they stayed lean amongst extreme growth
- Her mental health challenges in coping with success
- Coaching and mentoring women in business
- And much more business and personal growth advice…
Who do you want to see next on the podcast? Comment and let us know! And don't forget to leave us a 5-star review if you loved this episode.
Wait, there's more… If you enjoy the Foundr podcast, check out our free trainings. Get exclusive, actionable advice from some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
Speak with our friendly course experts to get clarity on the next steps for your idea, business or career. You will get tailored insights from results achieved by our proven practitioners as well as thousands of students. Book a call now...
For more Foundr content, follow us on your favorite platform: