Manage episode 332313093 series 62727
Bill Smith asked for a briefcase on his 5th birthday, and it’s been all business since. After dropping out of school at age 16, Bill started, built, and sold 3 companies over the past 15 years. His last business, grocery delivery service Shipt, sold to Target in 2019 for half a billion dollars. But Bill didn’t rest on his success. The same year he exited Shipt, he started Landing, a flexible and furnished rental apartment service. So what’s next for this wunderkind turned startup mogul?
Listen to Nathan and Bill discuss
- Dropping out of school without his parents knowing
- Figuring out the prepaid technology business
- Exiting his first company to Green Dot Corporation
- His step-by-step process for proving a business idea
- Why he never takes breaks between businesses
- Proving demand in the early days of Shipt
- Selling Shipt to Target for half a billion dollars
- Why selling Shipt changed his philosophy of business
- His goal to build Landing into an enduring company
- And much more business scaling advice…
Who do you want to see next on the podcast? Comment and let us know! And don't forget to leave us a 5-star review if you loved this episode.
Wait, there's more… If you enjoy the Foundr podcast, check out our free trainings. Get exclusive, actionable advice from some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
For more Foundr content, follow us on your favorite platform:
Speak with our friendly course experts to get clarity on the next steps for your idea, business or career. You will get tailored insights from results achieved by our proven practitioners as well as thousands of students. Book a call now... https://foundr.com/bookacallyt