Manage episode 318737640 series 62727
Dee Deng believes that there's no better time to start a digital agency than now. After a failed startup sent him on a journey of discovery, Dee met his future cofounder in a Neil Patel Facebook group. Together they launched Red Hook, a digital marketing agency that partners with ecommerce brands. Red Hook went from zero to $250,000 in profit in their first year of business, and now it has over 115 employees across the globe.
Listen to Nathan and Dee discuss:
- How Dee was able to get 10 clients in his first 6 weeks of business
- Why charging changes everything
- How he got his first speaking gig by posting on an industry Facebook group
- Why it's good to tell a client "bad news"
- How Right Hook uses "growth clubs" for employee development
- How to create "intrinsic motivators" within an organization
- And much more digital agency advice
Who do you want to see next on the podcast? Comment and let us know! And don't forget to leave us a 5-star review if you loved this episode.
Wait, there's more… If you enjoy the Foundr podcast, check out our free trainings. Get exclusive, actionable advice from some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
For more Foundr content, follow us on your favorite platform: