Manage episode 305658153 series 62727
Thomas Tull didn’t know anything about Hollywood when he started Legendary Pictures. However, he did know how to build a financial model and reach the untapped market of comic book fans. Legendary Pictures has produced films such as The Dark Knight, The Hangover, and 300. Under Thomas' leadership, they became a disruptor in the film industry by focusing on a global distribution strategy.
After selling Legendary in 2016, Thomas started Tulco LLC, a holding company that invests in artificial intelligence and technology solutions.
Listen to Nathan Chan chat with Thomas about:
- His origin story as a local laundromat owner
- Raising half a billion dollars to launch Legendary Pictures
- Working with directors Christopher Nolan, Zack Synder, and Todd Phillips
- The portfolio theory of building a sustainable production company
- The feeling of creating a product that becomes part of the lexicon
- Behind the sale of Legendary Pictures to Chinese-company Wanda Group
- His strategy for selecting partners to invest in
Who do you want to see next on the podcast? Comment and let us know! And don't forget to leave us a 5-star review if you loved this episode.
Wait, there's more… If you enjoy the Foundr podcast, check out our free trainings. Get exclusive, actionable advice from some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
For more Foundr content, follow us on your favorite platform: