Manage episode 343660246 series 3317840
Today’s guest is Monica Schwemin. She is a former teacher who has learned a lot about herself on this journey of life and has found her true essence. She now helps others do the same. In this episode, we talk about some heavy hitters like unconditional love, codependency, and shadow work.
These are definitely some topics that you don’t want to miss, so tune in to learn more!
Five key takeaways from this episode:
- Unconditional love of yourself is always the first step on everyone’s healing journey. Once you figure out how to love yourself and see your own self-worth, you gain the confidence to be who you have always been before others told you who to be.
- If you feel like you are living for someone else, whether that is by trying to get them to do what you want them to do, or by rearranging your entire life to make others’ lives easier or happier, you may fall into the codependent category. If you are changing who you are to meet the emotional needs of others, consider the role codependency plays in your life. You make think you are trying to help them, but ultimately, you are trying to change others in a way that is acceptable to you.
- Shadows are the things that we keep hidden – the parts of ourselves that we don’t want others to see and that we don’t acknowledge about ourselves. Shadow work is taking these things and bringing them out into the light, seeing those things as part of who we are as our beautiful selves, releasing the judgement around those things, and accepting them.
- Life is like the process of making art. The finished piece is just icing on the cake. But it’s how you get to that finished piece that makes the journey meaningful. Live in your truth and see it for what it is, and you will love who you are.
- It’s ok to be who you are. You are perfect as you are right now. The world needs you to show up authentically, and it’s ok to keep working on yourself during this process. And always remember, what others think of you is none of your business.
Connect with Monica:
Connect with Heather on Instagram at @iamheatherlove.
Get Heather’s Journal Prompts to Finding Your Purpose HERE.