Manage episode 324730441 series 2505583
Fatphobia is rampant in the medical community. Doctors and providers are notorious for prescribing weight loss for everything from acid reflux to joint pain. The problem is, this weight loss advice is not only misguided... it's outright harmful. Today on the podcast, we are joined by Ragen Chastain, a speaker, Certified Health Coach, and thought leader in Weight Science, Weight Stigma, and the Health at Every Size paradigm. Ragen sheds light on her experience in fat activism and gives us pointers on how to go into a doctor’s office prepared with a litany of clap backs to help decenter weight from your treatment plan.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
- How to find a medical provider that is aligned with your weight inclusive values
- What to do when you feel like your doctor is discriminating based on your weight
- Harm Reduction Techniques in the doctor’s office
- Ragen’s super helpful HAES Health Sheets
- & MORE!
3 Ways You Can Support This Podcast:
- Support our sponsors using our unique ‘HOOKUP’ codes below
- Go to theouai.com and use code ‘FOODHEAVEN’ for 15% off your entire purchase
- Visit uomabeauty.com/FOODHEAVEN to get 20% off your first order site wide
For our resources and shownotes, visit foodheavenmadeeasy.com/podcast.
Produced by Dear Media