FFP 373 | Clomid, Letrozole & IUI | How Effective Are IVF and IUI? | Summer Replay Series | Lisa | Fertility Friday
Manage episode 297598044 series 1789813
Today’s episode is the first in this year’s summer replay series! Following up from yesterday’s episode about IVF treatments, today’s episode takes a deep dive into artificial reproductive technology (ART), more specifically IUI (intrauterine insemination), and the common drugs used (clomid/femara) as well as IVF success statistics.
Today’s episode is sponsored by Tempdrop!
Tempdrop gives you everything you need to effortlessly track your fertility. Wear the Tempdrop sensor while you sleep for accurate basal body temperature readings without the stress of early morning wake ups. Tempdrop’s accompanying app enables you to chart an array of symptoms alongside your BBT, including cervical mucus and OPKs. Combine these fertility signs all in one place to identify your fertile window and confirm ovulation.
Whether you are trying to conceive, are avoiding pregnancy or want to chart for health reasons, Tempdrop makes fertility awareness accessible to all women - even if you don’t have regular cycles or sleeping patterns.
Identify your fertility window, in real time with Tempdrop. Follow this link to buy now! And use code coupon code: FERTILITYFRIDAY at checkout for a 10% discount when your order!Topics discussed in today's episode:
- How effective is IUI?
- What is the difference between the pregnancy rate and the live birth rate?
- How to dissect “success” rates for IUI
- How do IUI success rates vary with age?
- What is the cumulative success rate of IUI and how does it differ from the success rate of an individual round?
- Does having more rounds of IUI increase your chances of conceiving?
- What are the side effects of Clomid?
- How do Clomid impact cervical mucus and your endometrial lining?
- Why up to 25% of women are resistant to Clomid
- What is Letrozole and how does it compare to Clomid for IUI?
- How do the pregnancy and miscarriage rates differ in women who use Clomid versus Letrozole?
- Why it’s important to be critical of research studies
- FFP 138 | Post-Pill Amenorrhea | Why It Took 4 Years For Her Period To Come Back | Andrea Petrus
- FFP 141 | Surviving Hypothalamic Amenorrhea | Getting Your Period Back Without Fertility Drugs | Nicola Rinaldi
- FFP 109 | The Reality of Aging & Fertility | IVF & Assisted Reproductive Technology | The Future of Fertility Treatments | Dr. Marjorie Dixon
- FFP 127 | What Does a Normal Period Look Like? | How Much Am I Supposed To Bleed During My Period? | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 149 | The Truth About Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPKs) | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- Use of an aromatase inhibitor for induction of ovulation in patients with an inadequate response to clomiphene citrate
- Extended letrozole regimen versus clomiphene citrate for superovulation in patients with unexplained infertility undergoing intrauterine insemination: a randomized controlled trial
- A randomized trial of letrozole versus clomiphene citrate in women undergoing superovulation
- Success Rate of Inseminations Dependent on Maternal Age? An Analysis of 4246 Insemination Cycles
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-GanticA Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors: TempdropFertility Friday | Fertility Awareness ProgramsThe Fertility Awareness Charting Workbook