Manage episode 288277421 series 2615510
Atlassian, the enterprise software innovator, is helping to drive disruption across the world of work. Co-founder and co-CEO, Scott Farquhar, joins Azeem Azhar to explain how, during a global pandemic, they nearly doubled the size of their workforce, why the workplace will never be the same after Covid-19, and what the implications are for companies and employees who increasingly operate remotely, asynchronously, and in flatter hierarchies.
They also discuss:
- Why Farquhar believes that most companies are becoming like software companies, where the CEO and CIO are in strategic lock-step and ready to disrupt their business before they are disrupted by competitors.
- Why companies are shifting their team structures from being project-based to product-based.
- Why Farquhar believes his approach to company-building is akin to gardening.
- “Empowering Workers in the Digital Future” (Exponential View podcast, 2020)
- “WFH Doesn’t Have to Dilute Your Corporate Culture” (Harvard Business Review, 2021)
- “Picking the Right Approach to Digital Collaboration” (MIT Sloan, 2021)