Manage episode 296881718 series 1061660
Communication is critical during a crisis and Anthony Hayes shares his tips on preparing with Dr. Katrina Burrus, MCC as they discuss the following questions.
- Tell us what got you started as a crisis management specialist?
- When it comes to crisis communication what top pieces of advice would you give someone who finds themselves in hot water?
- What do you think of the Crown's response to Megan and Prince Harry's video?
- What about President Trump's style of communication?
- How did you see President Bill Clinton's response to his crisis situation?
- How do you help smaller businesses to prepare for a crisis such as COVID?
- As a person experienced with reporters, what recommendations do you have working with reporters?
The Hayes Initiative (THI), recently recognized with an honorable mention during the 2021 PRWeek Awards for “Best in Public Affairs”, is a certified LGBTQ-owned and operated public affairs firm that supports clients, projects, and initiatives across all sectors, including government. THI founder Anthony Hayes has spent more than 18 years in communications, crisis and issue management and political and legislative campaigns. A seasoned C-level advisor, Anthony has cultivated an energetic, fast-growing company now trusted to execute strategy for prominent clients around the globe. He’s served leaders at the highest levels including presidential candidates, members of the U.S. Cabinet, governors and other elected officials, C-Suite executives, law enforcement officials, and high-ranking health and legal professionals. Anthony’s firm has advised clients involved in complex legal matters and managed high-stakes media relations during crises such as Bridgegate, airport security breaches, and natural disasters including Superstorm Sandy and hurricane relief efforts in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
At THI, we help leaders and organizations deliver major initiatives, break through the noisy media landscape, and navigate the world of politics and government. We excel with high pressure, politically sensitive, and confidential issues while demonstrating the utmost level of discretion and judgment.Excellent Executive Coaching Podcast
The EEC podcasts are sponsored by MKB Excellent Executive Coaching that helps you get from where you are to where you want to be with customized leadership and coaching development programs. MKB Excellent Executive Coaching offers leadership development programs to generate action, learning, and change that is aligned with your authentic self and values. Transform your dreams into reality and invest in yourself by scheduling a discovery session with Dr. Katrina Burrus, MCC to reach your goals.