EFR 691: The Four Agreements of Pain and How to Maximize Every Opportunity in Your Life with Sean Pastuch
Manage episode 358414265 series 1341947
Dr. Sean Pastuch, DC talks about how to maximize the opportunities in your life so you can live ever forward. He breaks down his best practices for managing pain, how to get the best outcomes with your health and fitness providers, and why we need more help in life than we think.
As humans, we experience so many different types of pain. Physical pain, mental pain, emotional pain, financial pain… and the level of uncertainty that comes with those pains can be overwhelming. In today’s episode, Sean is here to help you navigate the pains you experience in life and turn them into opportunities for growth and gratitude.
Sean Pastuch is a doctor of chiropractic, coach to athletes, coach educator, and the Founder and CEO of Active Life, a company that provides education, exercise, and mentorship to individuals, coaches, and gym owners. Together, their mission is to give you empowered thought, physical freedom, and emotional well-being because you deserve a life, well lived.
Follow Sean Pastuch @drseanpastuch
Follow Chase on Instagram @chase_chewning
Follow him on Twitter @chasechewning
- Sean shares his definition of pain, noting the four aspects of pain that affect our responses and relationship to pain.
- He explains how to reduce your anxiety and uncertainty around pain, so you can make conscious decisions for how to approach pain management and/or treatment.
- When working with fitness trainers, doctors, bodyworkers, etc., it can be easy to not share certain information or ask the best questions. This can hinder your adherence, quality of care, and outcomes. Listen in to learn how to best explain your experience and goals to your providers and ask the right questions so you can get the best outcomes and enjoy the process.
- Navigating the financial aspect of pain management: Should we rethink financial pain in order to alleviate another type of pain? Tune in to hear Sean’s candid answer along with what he learned from hiring a mentor for $1,000/month while he was broke.
- We can’t manage pain, reach our health goals, or feel grateful for our progress all on our own. “The belief that we don’t need help robs us of our ability to be grateful,” Sean says.
- Sean speaks on why the biggest need in mental and physical health is awareness.
- He describes his own biggest pain point in life and how he’s navigating it.
- Get your free consult from Blokes modern men's health at https://Blokes.co/chase
- Save 20% with code EVERFORWARD on any functional mushroom, adaptogen & CBD product at https://www.CuredNutrition.com
- Watch and subscribe on YouTube https://youtu.be/u-JsEwDk9_I