Manage episode 301440884 series 2945886
Heather Costa has been in the health and wellness field for over 20 years and is the owner and chef of Revolution Health Kitchen in Boston's Back Bay.
At the age of 15 Heather was diagnosed with a benign brain tumor that was causing chronic headaches and hormonal imbalance. After visiting numerous specialists in Boston, undergoing tests and surgeries the pain had become debilitating.
Desperate for relief she began her lifelong journey to find solutions to managing pain, exhaustion, depression and more. After joining a gym she almost immediately found relief from all three while she was exercising and lifting weights. Excited to have found her passion she began incessantly researching and practicing exercise physiology and nutrition to improve health.
Heather then spent years studying and testing each and every dogma out on herself because she knew inside there had to be a better way to live. It was when she came across some medical doctors that were strongly recommending transitioning to a Whole Food, Plant Based Diet. After only a couple months Heather experienced a complete shift in how she felt physically, mentally and spiritually. Now that she is tumor free, pain free and full of natural energy she is fulfilling her life's mission to help others create the best version of themselves possible through education, dietary consultation and physical health and wellness.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- How her childhood health concerns led to a love of nutrition and exercise
- How she was part of the beginning of the Whole Foods movement in Boston
- Feeding yourself properly on a plant based diet
- How and Why she's cooking with very little oil
- The 411 on Juicing
- Awesome Smoothie tips
- What's a cement smoothie?
- Why she doesn’t put spinach in her smoothies
- Tips for a healthy, easy lunch
- Great cooking tips for beans
- Lentils….why you need them in your diet
- RHK Boston, Revolution Health Kitchen
- Instagram: @rhkboston @heathercosta
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/revolutionhealthkitchen/
- Vitamix - https://amzn.to/2WPIrcU
- Blendtec - https://amzn.to/2YqJIIB
- Amare Pea Protein - https://www.amare.com/13176/en-us/GBXProteinVanilla
- Dr Greger’s Daily Dozen App - https://nutritionfacts.org/daily-dozen/
Connect with Jayne: