Manage episode 328552811 series 2607521
While, in the eyes of our culture, “you do you” might have freed us to make different choices than another mom, has it drawn us together and given us the support we need?
Parenting is so difficult and Ecclesiastes reminds us that toiling away alone is tantamount to trying to catch smoke. What we need instead are co-laborers. We need other moms to come alongside us, not because we agree on everything, but because we have a common goal - the flourishing of the next generation.
We need to come alongside other moms because when we pit ourselves against one another due to differences in parenting styles, we cut off our nose to spite our collective face. Join Heather this week as she challenges us to look introspectively and grow in conflict resolution in light of Ecclesiastes 4.Links Mentioned:
- Resolving Sibling Conflict :: Jim and Lynne Jackson [Ep 126]
- Bruce Learns to Label His Feelings :: Bruce and Heather [Ep 316]
- How to Help a Friend Process Life :: Heather and Stephanie [Ep 359]
- Fighting Shame through Community :: Dr Curt Thompson [Ep 308]
- Ladder Financial. Go to LadderLife.com/dma to see if you’re instantly approved.
- Athena Club. Get the best shave of your life with the Athena Club Razor Kit. Get 20% off your first order at AthenaClub.com. Use promo code DMA.
- Rothy’s. Discover the versatile styles you can wear absolutely anywhere and get $20 off your first purchase at rothys.com/DMA.