Manage episode 317234869 series 1184423
Dr. Elana interviews Aida Garcia-Toledo, a low-toxic living and sustainability expert based in Los Angeles, CA. Aida’s work started over a decade ago in order to share her expertise and help her community transition to a healthier, safer, more organic life...without the added stress. As a mom of 2 (almost 3) herself, Aida is passionate about researching, educating, and inspiring others to take on their low-toxic living journey by providing them the research, the know-how and recommending only her approved essentials for all stages in life!
Now that the new year has started, Aida shares 7 realistic resolutions for a low-toxic new year. Low-toxic living is a journey not a destination. There is always a place for improvement and no matter where you are on your journey please know you are doing a GREAT job!
By the end of this episode, you will have 1, 2, or maybe even 7 realistic resolutions to work on. Here is to your family having a healthier, safer, new year ahead!
- Stages of life where toxins are more vulnerable to impact health
- How to avoid feeling overwhelmed living a low toxic life
- How to test the body for toxins
- How even healthy processed foods may be a source of toxins
- Making the change to cast iron pans
- One of the most important low toxic things we can do during menstruation
- One of the top 3 things we can do to reduce toxin exposure
- How the dinnerware that your kids use is important
- How to easily reduce EMF exposures at home
- Test Toxins in the Body: Million Marker
- Test Toxins in your Water: Taps Score
- Email Aida at email@example.com
- Guides & ebooks: https://3littleplums.com/shop-guides
- Click here to learn more about Dr. Elana Roumell’s Doctor Mom Membership, a membership designed for moms who want to be their child’s number one health advocate!
- Click here to learn more about Steph Greunke, RD’s online nutrition program and community, Postpartum Reset, an intimate private community and online roadmap for any mama (or mama-to-be) who feels stuck, alone, and depleted and wants to learn how to thrive in motherhood.
- Listen to today’s episode on our website
Aida Garcia-Toledo is a low-toxic living and sustainability expert based in Los Angeles, CA. Aida founded low-toxic Munchkin over a decade ago in order to share her expertise and help her community transition to a healthier, safer, more organic life...without the added stress. As a mom of 2 (almost 3) herself, Aida is passionate about researching, educating,
and inspiring others to take on their low-toxic living journey by providing them the research, the know-how and recommending only her approved essentials for all stages in life!
This Episode’s Sponsors
FOND Bone Broth crafts bone broth so good, you'll want to sip it every day. Brewed by hand with a completely plastic-free process, FOND uses organic herb infusions for next-level flavor. You truly have never tasted bone broth like this! To get 20% off visit fondbonebroth.com/doctormom and use code DOCTORMOM.
Active Skin Repair is a must-have for everyone to keep themselves and their families healthy and clean. Keep a bottle in the car to spray your face after removing your mask, a bottle in your medicine cabinet to replace your toxic first aid products, and one in your outdoor pack for whatever life throws at you. Use code DOCTORMOM to receive 20% off your order + free shipping. Visit BLDGActive.com to order.
Discover for yourself why Needed is trusted by women’s health practitioners and mamas alike to support optimal pregnancy outcomes. Try their 4 Part Complete Nutrition plan which includes a Prenatal Multi, Omega-3, Collagen Protein, and Pre/Probiotic. To get started, head to thisisneeded.com, and use code DOCTORMOM50 for $50 off Needed’s Complete Plan!
INTRODUCE YOURSELF to Steph and Dr. Elana on Instagram. They can’t wait to meet you!
Please remember that the views and ideas presented on this podcast are for informational purposes only. All information presented on this podcast is for informational purposes and not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a healthcare provider. Consult with your healthcare provider before starting any diet, supplement regimen, or to determine the appropriateness of the information shared on this podcast, or if you have any questions regarding your treatment plan.