Manage episode 302416937 series 2797483
In this episode:
We discuss the challenges that confront us on the path of psychological growth and how we might respond to them.
Let's make this a conversation:
Do you have a comment or question about this episode, or about something you would like me to address in a future episode? Please contact me on Facebook (facebook.com/jungiananalyst) or Twitter (@Jason_E_Smith).
For more on living a symbolic life:
Please check out my book, Religious but Not Religious: Living a Symbolic Life, available from Chiron Publications.
Sources for quotes and more:
- “The serious problems in life, however, are never fully solved. If ever they should appear to be so it is a sure sign that something has been lost..." ~ C.G. Jung, from The Stages of Life in 'Collected Works, vol. 8.'
- S1, Ep. 30: Knowing and Not-Knowing
- 'Longing For Paradise' by Mario Jacoby
- Having Too Little or Too Much Time Is Linked to Lower Subjective Well-Being in 'Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.'
- All of the quotes from Frances Wickes in this episode are taken from her book, 'The Inner World of Choice.'
- All of the quotes from Jung in this episode are taken from The Stages of Life in 'Collected Works, vol. 8.'
- Ferdinand the Faithful from 'Grimms' Tales,' translated by Margaret Hunt.
- Discussion of "Well-being" and "Salvation" in Adolf Guggenbühl-Craig's Marriage Dead or Alive.
- 'Our Real Work,' poem by Wendell Berry.