Manage episode 360265039 series 3426151
Why is Old Tech Creepy? (Analog Horror, The Gothic & Hauntology)
Mason finds a mysterious VHS copy of Candle Cove. Not having a VCR, he heads to Perry's Airbnb mansion only to discover that Perry is also VCR-less. After a short debate, they hop into the FolksWagen and head to Todd's pawn shop. And that's where things get a bit strange...
In this episode:
- A dramatization of the Candle Cove creepypasta.
- A discussion about Analog Horror and how it intersects with folklore.
- The Carterhaugh School breaks down Gothic.
- The term "hauntology" as explained by Diane Rodgers.
- Imaginary Worlds host Eric Molinsky makes an appearance.
- Diane A. Rodgers PhD, Senior Lecturer in Media at Sheffield Hallam University
- Dr. Sara Cleto and Dr. Brittany Warman from the Carterhaugh School of Folklore & the Fantastic
- Eric Molinsky, creator and host of the Imaginary Worlds podcast.
- Alex Hera, filmmaker. Creator of the documentary, "The History of Analog Horror", and a 100 Episode webseries called "Walker Creek", which was later re-edited into a feature-length video, and was the basis of a feature-length documentary titled "Making an ARG: Walker Creek".
Featuring voice acting from:
- Brooke Jennett of THIRTEEN as Voice #1 in the opening story.
- Daniel Spencer of Frankenstein's Jukebox as Voice #2 in the opening story
- Erin King of The Amelia Project as Voice #3 in the opening story
- Rich Daigle (aka Mouth Almighty) voices Todd the pawn shop owner.
Find us on the socials:
- Twitter: @digiFolklorePod
- Facebook: DigitalFolklorePod
- Instagram: DigitalFolklorePod
- TikTok: digitalfolklore
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices