Manage episode 376614054 series 3426151
Welcome to Digital Folklore Unplugged!
Unplugged episodes are where we ditch all the fancy production and story elements and bring you the raw (or slightly edited) interviews with folklore experts.
On this episode, Perry & Mason sit down with Paul Prater. Paul is a multifaceted guy – a lawyer, a musician, a mentalist and bizarre entertainer, an author… oh… and he collects ghost stories and leads haunted tours.
Topics covered include:
- Magic / mentalism / bizarre magic & storytelling
- Thoughts on what makes something 'creepy'
- Paul's experiences leading Ghost Tours
- Paul's favorite urban legend
- The importance of narrative storytelling for society
Just a reminder – if you are one of our Patreon supporters, you get access to these interviews a few days early before they go live in our public podcast feed.
Ok, let’s get unplugged…
Mentioned in the episode:
Relevant Books (Amazon Associate Links)
- Haunted Argenta, by Paul Prater
- What Follows is True: The Crescent Hotel, by Sean Fitzgibbon
- House of a Hundred Rooms: Tales the Ghost Tour Guides Do Not Tell, by Keith J. Scales
- The Choking Doberman: And Other Urban Legends, by Jan Harold Brunvand
- Encyclopedia of Urban Legends, by Jan Harold Brunvand
Find us on the socials:
- Twitter: @digiFolklorePod
- Facebook: DigitalFolklorePod
- Instagram: DigitalFolklorePod
- TikTok: digitalfolklore
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices