Manage episode 376182779 series 3426151
Mark My Wizard (Research, Inclusivity, & Collaboration)
The Folkswagen sails off a cliff. Perry can explain, but it's going to take a while. Perhaps... a whole season. It all starts when the crew decides to visit other creators who specialize in making media about folklore studies. First, they visit Mark Norman - who lives behind a grocery store, inside a bizarre apartment complex shaped like a wizard's tower. After chatting about how Mark has managed to run his podcast for over eight years, the crew heads a few floors down in the tower. They encounter Daisy Ahlstone, one of the creators of Folkwise - a folklore-centric livestream show on Twitch. Daisy teaches Perry and Mason about inclusive research practices, and loads more
In this episode:
- Participatory action research.
- The folklore of Scooby-Doo.
- Perry says "butts".
- Folklorists as 'Enthusiasm Enthusiasts'.
- How to continue learning about folklore, and how to reach more people.
Mark Norman, host of The Folklore Podcast.
Daisy Ahlstone, creator of Folkwise.
- DIGBY performed by Brooke Jennett of THIRTEEN; an immersive, slow-burn, spooky podcast with great original stories released every month on the 13th.
Find us on the socials:
- Twitter: @digiFolklorePod
- Facebook: DigitalFolklorePod
- Instagram: DigitalFolklorePod
- TikTok: digitalfolklore
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices