Manage episode 318417622 series 2701426
Below are the questions covered in today's episode (with their timestamps). For instructions on submitting your own questions, go to calnewport.com/podcast.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Videos of the podcast are now live! (You can find then here: https://tinyurl.com/b2rkctfj
DEEP WORK QUESTIONS:
- How do I decide how much work is enough? [13:35]
- How do I eliminate post-shutdown anxiety? [28:15]
- How do I get back to work effectively after a lunch break? [37:43]
- Why don’t you (Cal) use Zettelkasten? [40:09]
- How do I limit activities that aren’t important for my long-term success a new job? [46:20]
DEEP LIFE QUESTIONS:
- How do you (Cal) stay focused on campus when surrounded by “woke-ness”? [52:44]
- How do you (Cal) keep sane as a published author? [58:31]
- How do you “count” time that is between deep work and deep leisure? [1:02:24]
Thanks to Jesse Miller for production, Jay Kerstens for the intro music, and Mark Miles for mastering.