Manage episode 304549915 series 2927160
Welcome to another episode of the Decorate Like A Design Boss podcast. Today, I’ll be talking about painting your trim, and I have a few tricks up my sleeve that will help you add a little magic to this element in your home.
If you're painting your trim, make sure to tune in until the end because I will be talking about all the options you have to get the color right!
Hop on over to my Blog to see how to get into my Insiders Club Membership for only 19.99/month. This special price is just for you, my listeners.
As you are listening to this week's episode, tag me @kimberlygriggdesigns and take a screenshot of you listening. Be sure to also hashtag #decoratelikeadesignboss, for me to share your screenshot on my stories as a thank you!
[00:00 - 03:15] Opening Segment
- Welcome to today’s episode
- Take your interior design skills to the next level, join my Interior Design Insiders Club
- Today’s challenge: getting the trim and/or doors and moldings in your home right
[03:16 - 13:20] Getting the Trim Right
- Assess if the trim goes with your space’s mood
- Marry the trim to the mood
- Call an expert when the two does not match
- Painting a stained trim depends on the vibe you are going for
- Things to consider to get the trim color right
- Option 1: Paint trim a white-ish color
- Option 2: Stained trim
- Option 3: Paint trim with a contrasting color
[13:21 - 15:20] Closing Segment
- Episode recap
- Send your photos and questions, see links below
- Final words
“ White is in my opinion, the most difficult color to specify in the entire paint deck.” - Kimberly Grigg
Connect with me:
Email me at email@example.com
Visit my website: www.kimberlygriggdesigns.com
Check out my Youtube channel