Data Futurology - Leadership And Strategy in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science
#143 AI in Finance with Matthew Dixon - Assistant Professor of Applied Math & Author
Manage episode 285164657 series 2310475
We have Matthew Dixon, Assistant Professor of Applied Math at the Illinois Institute of Technology and author of the textbook, Machine Learning in Finance: From Theory to Practice. He has also written several journal papers on algorithms and models for machine learning, blockchain based technologies with applications in fintech.
- "Do you want uncertainty as your first class citizen or do you want it more as an afterthought?"
- "You had to fit models to the data. I realised quickly that was the achilles’ heel for the approach."
- "It isn't just a guessing game."
- "In the Bayesian world, it sort of turns everything on its head. It says every parameter in your model is a source of error."
- "I think interpretability is a must. Not only to appease regulators or non technical finance professionals but rather when something goes wrong."
Thanks to our sponsor
Read the full episode summary here: Ep 143
Enjoy the show!--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/datafuturology/message