Manage episode 294576248 series 2151271
Learn why older classmates are more popular; how some invasive species help their ecosystems; and keyboard cleaning tips.
Don't be surprised if the oldest kids in your class were also more popular by Kelsey Donk
- PsychNewsDaily Staff. (2021, May 5). High school popularity: study shows oldest kids in the class also the most popular. PsychNewsDaily. https://www.psychnewsdaily.com/high-school-popularity-study-shows-oldest-kids-in-the-class-also-the-most-popular/
- van Aalst, D. A. E., & van Tubergen, F. (2021). More popular because you’re older? Relative age effect on popularity among adolescents in class. PLOS ONE, 16(5), e0249336. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0249336
Invasive species aren't always harmful — some help their ecosystems thrive by Cameron Duke
- Ahmed, I. (2021, April 29). How donkeys digging wells help life thrive in the desert. Phys.org; Phys.org. https://phys.org/news/2021-04-donkeys-wells-life.html
- Griffiths, J., & Villablanca, F. (n.d.). Managing monarch butterfly overwintering groves: making room among the eucalyptus. 101(1). Retrieved May 9, 2021, from https://www.monarchjointventure.org/images/uploads/documents/griffiths_and_villablanca_2015.pdf
- Invasive Species Aren’t Always Unwanted (Published 2016). (2021). The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/01/science/invasive-species.html
- Lundgren, E. J., Ramp, D., Stromberg, J. C., Wu, J., Nieto, N. C., Sluk, M., Moeller, K. T., & Wallach, A. D. (2021). Equids engineer desert water availability. Science, 372(6541), 491–495. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.abd6775
- SCHLAEPFER, M. A., SAX, D. F., & OLDEN, J. D. (2011a). The Potential Conservation Value of Non-Native Species. Conservation Biology, 25(3), 428–437. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1523-1739.2010.01646.x
This Is How Often You Should Clean Your Keyboard originally aired May 14, 2018 https://omny.fm/shows/curiosity-daily/types-of-narcissists-don-t-garden-with-coffee-grou
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.