Manage episode 302667350 series 2151271
Learn about why you eat more when you’re tired; a legendary submerged Egyptian city; and a trick for keeping the peace.
Lack Of Sleep Really Does Make You Eat More by Ashley Hamer
- Sleep Munchies: Why It’s Harder To Resist Snacks When We’re Tired. (2016, March 2). NPR.org. https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/03/02/468933610/sleep-munchies-why-its-harder-to-resist-snacks-when-were-tired
- Circadian Surprise: How Our Body Clocks Help Shape Our Waistlines. (2015, March 10). NPR.org. https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/03/10/389596946/circadian-surprise-how-our-body-clocks-help-shape-our-waistlines
- Brief Communication: Sleep Curtailment in Healthy Young Men Is Associated with Decreased Leptin Levels, Elevated Ghrelin Levels, and Increased Hunger and Appetite | Annals of Internal Medicine. (2021). Annals of Internal Medicine. https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/abs/10.7326/0003-4819-141-11-200412070-00008
- Hanlon, E. C., Tasali, E., Leproult, R., Stuhr, K. L., Doncheck, E., de Wit, H., Hillard, C. J., & Van Cauter, E. (2016). Sleep Restriction Enhances the Daily Rhythm of Circulating Levels of Endocannabinoid 2-Arachidonoylglycerol. Sleep, 39(3), 653–664. https://doi.org/10.5665/sleep.5546
- Insufficient Sleep Undermines Dietary Efforts to Reduce Adiposity | Annals of Internal Medicine. (2021). Annals of Internal Medicine. https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/0003-4819-153-7-201010050-00006?url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori%3Arid%3Acrossref.org&rfr_dat=cr_pub%3Dpubmed&
We just found an ancient Greek military ship in the legendary SUBMERGED Egyptian city Thônis-Heracleion by Steffie Drucker
- Berman, R. (2021, July 28). Ancient Greek military ship found in legendary, submerged Egyptian city. Big Think; Big Think. https://bigthink.com/surprising-science/thonis-heracleion
- Sharpe, E. (2016, May 16). British Museum dips its toes into world of underwater archaeology. Theartnewspaper.com; The Art Newspaper. https://www.theartnewspaper.com/news/british-museum-dips-its-toes-into-world-of-underwater-archaeology
- Reuters. (2021, August 10). Egypt finds ancient military vessel, Greek graves in sunken city. Reuters; Reuters. https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/egypt-finds-ancient-military-vessel-greek-graves-sunken-city-2021-07-19/
- In Photos: The sunken city of Thônis-Heracleion in Alexandria reveals new archaeological treasures - Heritage. (2020). Ahram Online; Ahram Online. https://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContentP/9/417416/Heritage/In-Photos-The-sunken-city-of-Th%C3%83%C2%B4nisHeracleion-in-A.aspx
Writing about relationship conflicts from a third-person perspective can keep the peace by Steffie Drucker
- Expressive writing reduces relationship conflict and aggression during pandemic. (2021, August 10). EurekAlert! https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/924973
- Rodriguez, L. M., Stewart, S. H., & Neighbors, C. (2021). Effects of a brief web-based interpersonal conflict cognitive reappraisal expressive-writing intervention on changes in romantic conflict during COVID-19 quarantine. Couple and Family Psychology: Research and Practice. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1037/cfp0000173
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.