Manage episode 364275915 series 2151271
Today you’ll learn about how getting a good night’s sleep is especially important for men when it comes to vaccine efficacy, how grizzly bears have taken to eating a specific kind of moth, and how technology is working to make physical touch a part of the AI experience.
Find episode transcripts here: https://curiosity-daily-4e53644e.simplecast.com/episodes/sleep-and-vaccines-moth-eating-bears-feeling-the-metaverse
Sleep and Vaccines
- “To ensure vaccines work properly, men should get a good night’s sleep” by The Economist
- “A meta-analysis of the associations between insufficient sleep duration and antibody response to Vaccination” by Karine Spiegel et al.
- “Next-generation vaccines could make a difference in 2023” by Slavea Chankova
- “What Are Sleep Deprivation and Deficiency?” by NIH
- “Study finds that sleep disorders affect men and women differently” by AASM
- “The odd phenomenon of moth-eating bears—and the dangers they face” by Douglas Main
- “Relationships between Army Cutworm Moths and Grizzly Bear Conservation” by Hilary L. Robison
- “Grizzly Bear” by U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- “What is an army cutworm moth & why do grizzlies eat them?” by ERIK PETERSON
Feeling the Metaverse
- “The touchy-feely world of the metaverse and future gadgets” by The Economist
- “Researchers find a way to make VR headsets more realistic” by The Economist
- “pneumatics“ By TechTarget Contributor
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.