Manage episode 375194183 series 2151271
Today, you’ll learn about how metal was discovered to be able to heal itself, a potential cure for sensitive teeth, and the truth about sports supplements.
Find episode transcripts here: https://curiosity-daily-4e53644e.simplecast.com/episodes/healing-metals-sensitive-teeth-sports-supplements
- “Metals Have the Intrinsic Ability to Heal Themselves, New Research Finds.” by Alexander Beadle. 2023.
- “Autonomous healing of fatigue cracks via cold welding.” by Christopher M. Barr, et al. 2023.
- “Mineral-Building Lozenge Offers Long-Term Fix for Tooth Sensitivity.” by Paul McClure. 2023.
- “Biomimetic Dentin Repair: Amelogenin-Derived Peptide Guides Occlusion and Peritubular Mineralization of Human Teeth.” by Deniz T. Yucesoy, et al. 2023.
- “Presence and Quantity of Botanical Ingredients With Purported Performance-Enhancing Properties in Sports Supplements.” by Pieter A. Cohen, MD. 2023.
- “Nearly 90% of herbal sports supplements are mislabeled. One in ten contain prohibited substances.” by Tibi Puiu. 2023.
- “What’s In Those Supplements Again?” by Derek Lowe. 2023.
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.