Manage episode 361153504 series 2151271
Today you’ll learn about how scientists are working on developing an injection to treat endometriosis, how bees solve puzzles, and how lemon juice is able to block the formation of kidney stones.
- “An antibody injection could one day help people with endometriosis.” By Meghan Rosen. 2023.
- “Endometriosis.” World Health Organization. 2021.
- “A long-acting anti-IL-8 antibody improves inflammation and fibrosis in endometriosis.” By Ayako Nishimoto-Kakiuchi, et al. 2023.
- “Bumblebees solve puzzles by watching other bees, just like humans do.” By Sarah Knapton. 2023.
- “Bumblebees feel pain too, and their rights ‘should be protected’.” By Olivia Rudgard. 2022.
- “Watch: Bumblebees play with balls just for fun.” Sarah Knapton. 2022.
Lemonade Kidney Stones
- “Here’s how lemon juice may fend off kidney stones.” by Meghan Rosen. 2023.
- “Kidney stones grow and dissolve much like geological crystals.” by Aimee Cunningham. 2018.
- “Lemon-Derived Extracellular Vesicle-like Nanoparticles Block the Progression of Kidney Stones by Antagonizing Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress in Renal Tubular Cells.” by Lei Zhang, et al. 2023.
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
Find episode transcripts here:https://curiosity-daily-4e53644e.simplecast.com/episodes/endometriosis-shot-bee-puzzles-lemonade-kidney-stones
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.