Manage episode 375811156 series 2659655
Today, you’ll learn about self-healing robots, Afib detection in the produce aisle, and hurricanes on worlds orbiting distant stars.
Find episode transcripts here: https://curiosity-daily-4e53644e.simplecast.com/episodes/healing-electronics-grocery-cart-sensors-large-telescopes
- “Shape-Shifting, Self-Healing Machines Are Among Us.” by Simon Makin. 2023.
- “Bizarre Material Combines the Best Traits of Gel and Metal.” by Sophie Bushwick. 2023.
Grocery Cart Sensors
- “Grocery store carts set to help diagnose common heart rhythm disorder and prevent stroke.” n.a. 2023.
- “Atrial Fibrillation (Afib).” Cleveland Clinic. 2022.
- “What is an electrocardiogram (ECG)?” NIH. 2022.
- “Using Cosmic Weather To Study Which Worlds Could Support Life.” by Tatyana Woodall. 2023.
- “Mapping the Skies of Ultracool Worlds: Detecting Storms and Spots with Extremely Large Telescopes.” by Michael K. Plummer & Ji Wang. 2023.
- “Meet the Giant Magellan Telescope.” Giant Magellan Telescope. N.d.
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.