Manage episode 227653360 series 1923731
Are you ready to get your creative business legit but don't know WHERE to start? What needs to come first? And how you are supposed to make sense of this alphabet-soup of advice you are seeing swirling around FB groups, Google and podcasts? This special episode is the first segment in a new series about getting #legitwithbritt, getting a handle on those business legal system you cannot afford to ignore when building your modern business.
In this flagship episode, you will learn:
- How to know if you are a "real business" (and if you want to be what you need to do!!)
- The first money plans you need to make
- How to properly set up your payment processors (Stripe/Paypal, etc)
- What an EIN is -- and how you can get one
- What is an LLC ++ when you need to set one up, how you do that, and what to spend your money on and what to DIY
- How to pick a good business name
IRS EIN online application (** it has hours..I know...lamest thing ever...so don't leave this to your nighttime solopreneur to-do list!)
Interested in working with Brittany for one-on-one legal services? Sign up for a free 20-min phone consult at brittanyratelle.com/services.
Want a free LEGAL checklist to get your creative business legit? Download HERE and get access to my newsletter with tips and tricks for YOUR growing creative business.
Or get my quick tips and trick on Instagram.