Manage episode 315611744 series 1923731
Listen in to this killer conversation with food and media personality, chef, author, and Food Network Start Kelsey Nixon. Kelsey came in fourth place on the fourth season of the Food Network series Food Network Star and hosted the Cooking Channel series Kelsey's Essentials, which ran for five seasons from 2010 to 2013 as one of the first pieces of original programming on Cooking Channel and earned her a daytime Emmy nomination. She has also hosted Kelsey's Homemade, on the Cooking Channel, author of several cookbooks, including Kitchen Confidence, and appeared on Iron Chef, Chopped, Beat Bobby Flay, Guy’s Grocery Games, and Cutthroat Kitchen along with Today Show and Rachael Ray. She has designed a suite of kitchen tools and small appliances for HSN and has played the host and executive producer of the food game show, Dinner Takes All.
In this episode you will learn:
- The highs and lows of being on TV
- Having an agent/representation – pros and cons and Kelsey's tips for making the best of it
- Kelsey's top tips for pitching yourself and nurturing relationships that can lead to opportunities
- what to do when the market is "too saturated”
- how to recognize and tap into your strengths as a brand or personal brand
- how to handle peaks and valleys in your business
- what the entertainment industry and high school boyfriends have in common!
- how to show up authentically with your audience and make sure you are creating content that will get seen