Manage episode 328041705 series 2533457
How many times have you guys thought about traveling? Not just a weekend getaway or a vacation, but really seeing another place? What's stopping you?
These last few years with the pandemic have been..well, alot. We’ve had lockdowns, restrictions, and having to adjust work for the norm. On top of that, if you have kids, school looked completely different.
While we’re understandably cautious and keeping an eye on things, I believe many of us are also hoping not just to travel like before but want to try something different.
That Trip Advisor survey I mentioned last week about travel trends highlighted that more people wanted to explore different locations. It was less about visiting tourist traps and more about embracing their destination’s uniqueness.
That’s why I’d think you enjoyed my interview with Derek and Carrie Olsen. Years ago, they, along with their then toddler, took a cross-country trip with their trusty travel trailer.
Even now, it’s one of my favorite interviews. They’re a sweet couple but they also had some fantastic tips and thoughts on how to simplify things and have a true family adventure.
So whether you’re thinking about taking an epic trip or pivoting in your career or life, I think you’ll enjoy this chat.
In this episode, we get into:
- how Derek and Carrie prepare for this trip
- how you can purge and shed your stuff to either get rid of the clutter or make some money
- how you stay motivated so you can achieve your goal
I hope you enjoy!Resources to Have a Memorable and Affordable Trip
Here are some resources to check out:
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Travel Hacking Essentials
- How to Travel Like a Rock Star on the Cheap
- Travel Hacks: Couples Edition
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
We’re grateful for wonderful partners like Capitalize. Not only do they support the podcast, but they help make managing your money so much easier.
Did you know that it’s estimated that there are currently over 24 million “forgotten” 401(k) accounts? In fact, the average American changes jobs every 4 years.
And because of the Great Resignation, you or someone you know might be changing jobs even more
It’s an extreme case of out of sight and out of mind. Is your old 401(k) in there somewhere, left behind at a job you're no longer with?
One huge benefit with an IRA is you get to choose how your money is invested, not your old employer.
If you want to consolidate your old 401(k) and have more options with how you invest, it may be time to roll them over into an IRA.
With Capitalize, they handle the process from start-to-finish – for FREE. They handle the process from start-to-finish, and yes that includes calling the 401(k) provider on your behalf.
Find out how and get started today!pport the Podcast
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple , Spotify, or Audible.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
This episode was originally released February 2016. Shownotes and episode were updated May 2022.