Manage episode 328701577 series 2533457
Want to see more of the world, but are limited by budget? Learn how one couple used travel hacking so their entire family could take fantastic trips!Travel Hacking as a Family
While, I know many families are eager to get out there and traveled to summer. I also know that one of the holdups they have is their budget.
Whether you're flying, renting cars. Staying at an Airbnb hotel. Everything has gotten more expensive. Traveling as a couple can be pricey, but still feasible. But it can be a financial challenge when you add kids to the mix.
That's why I want to share from the archive and interview I had with Dan Miller, founder of Points With a Crew.
Dan's managed to score some wonderful deals on his trips including getting plane tickets for his entire family to lake Tahoe and a cross country train ride. Did I mention they're a family of eight?
Hopefully we'll show how you can keep more money in your pocket and still have your family seeing the world around them.
In today's episode he shares:
- how to choose the right credit cards to maximize rewards
- staying out of debt while staying on top of their credit cards
- tricks and tips on getting kids ready for traveling
Hope you enjoy!
Want to learn more about travel hacking? Here are some resources to check out:
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Connect with Dan: Points with a Crew| Twitter
- How to Be a Travel Hacker
- Budget vs Luxury Hotels for Families
- Hotels with Free Dinners
- Credit Cards and Airline Miles – Can You Really Get Free Flights?
- Finding Great Deals on Hotels
- Debt Free Vacations – How It Works for Us
- 17 Travel Hacking Tips for People Who Value Their Time and Sanity
- How to Master Life, Language, and Travel
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
We’re grateful for wonderful partners like Capitalize. Not only do they support the podcast, but they help make managing your money so much easier.
Did you know that it’s estimated that there are currently over 24 million “forgotten” 401(k) accounts? In fact, the average American changes jobs every 4 years.
And because of the Great Resignation, you or someone you know might be changing jobs even more
It’s an extreme case of out of sight and out of mind. Is your old 401(k) in there somewhere, left behind at a job you're no longer with?
One huge benefit with an IRA is you get to choose how your money is invested, not your old employer.
If you want to consolidate your old 401(k) and have more options with how you invest, it may be time to roll them over into an IRA.
With Capitalize, they handle the process from start-to-finish – for FREE. They handle the process from start-to-finish, and yes that includes calling the 401(k) provider on your behalf.Support the Podcast
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple , Spotify, or Audible.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
This episode was originally released in April 2015. Show notes have been updated in May 2022.
Find out how and get started today!