Manage episode 329542459 series 2533457
Ever dream of getting away from it? Learn how to prepare and plan your own adventure as Mike shares how he and his wife took their family on an RV trip across the Americas!Family Adventure: How to Plan for an Epic RV Trip
We've been talking in a series of episodes about travel all this month- how to plan these different types of trips for your family that you'll enjoy and remember for a long time. But have you thought about doing something bigger?
Something where you don't just go away for a week on a vacation or a cruise, but actually take a break from your job, your house, and explore a different part of the world for a while?
Sounds pretty crazy, right? I think most people would have a few things. That immediately come to mind about why it wouldn't work.
- How would we pay for this?
- Would we be able to find a job after we return?
- Could we sell your house?
- If you have kids, how would they deal with things?
They're normal questions and concerns to have. I'd take it as a sign that you're someone who thinks things through. But wouldn't it be fun to shake up things a little?
Mike Heroux of Dividend Guy is on the show to help you go from dream to reality by sharing his story and take on things. He and his wife are wrapping a trip they took as a family five through the Americas.
In this episode, we look into:
- how they prepare their finances and themselves for their RV trip
- dealing with difficulties on the road
- how you can start building some income on the side for your own adventure
Hope you enjoy it!Resources to Travel More
Thinking about traveling more this year? Here are some resources to check out to get you up and running with travel hacking:
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Automatic Saving: Qapital
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- How to Be a Travel Hacker
- Credit Cards and Airline Miles – Can You Really Get Free Flights?
- Finding Great Deals on Hotels
- Debt Free Vacations – How It Works for Us
- How to Travel to Exotic, Expensive Cities on $50 a Day
Don't forget to send in your marriage and money questions for our upcoming listener mailbag episode!Thanks to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
We’re grateful for wonderful partners like Capitalize. Not only do they support the podcast, but they help make managing your money so much easier.
Did you know that it’s estimated that there are currently over 24 million “forgotten” 401(k) accounts? In fact, the average American changes jobs every 4 years.
And because of the Great Resignation, you or someone you know might be changing jobs even more.
It’s an extreme case of out of sight and out of mind. Is your old 401(k) in there somewhere, left behind at a job you're no longer with?
One huge benefit of an IRA is choosing how your money is invested, not your old employer.
If you want to consolidate your old 401(k) and have more options with how you invest, it may be time to roll them over into an IRA.
With Capitalize, they handle the process from start to finish – for FREE. And yes, that includes calling the 401(k) provider on your behalf.
Find out how and get started today!Support the Podcast
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple , Spotify, or Audible.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!