Manage episode 250501529 series 1234823
From suicidal thoughts to thriving with intention, Dan Mangena shares a childhood and early adulthood struggling with undiagnosed Asperger's and how he used his gifts to find smart workarounds to help better function socially.
Dan used his strength in pattern recognition and a few fascinating books (like The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists) to unlock the psychological code for how to engage effectively with others in social situations (after sometimes having to diffuse sexual tension to keep it platonic) and business relationships.
Now, Dan coaches others, leads intensive retreats in exotic locations, and is a regular host on a radio program!
A Few Highlights from This Podcast:
- Aspergers + trauma + suicidal thoughts - Beyond intention paradigm- Book writing journey- Best tips for writing books - The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists- Dan's 2019 bestselling book: Stepping Beyond Intention - How to make today a better day
After receiving a late diagnosis of Asperger’s and experiencing what can only be described as life-shattering trauma at the age of just 20, Daniel spent the next seven years struggling to keep these revelations and events from spilling into every area of his life. As a result of his struggles, Daniel built a simple, four-step system called the Beyond Intention Paradigm.
Initially built as a lifeline grappling with suicidal thoughts, Beyond Intention was born, transforming Daniel’s life from misery to celebration. Through his own struggles, Daniel found a path to lasting joy and purpose and he wants nothing more than to share the tools that saved his life. To that end, he lives by this mission statement:
“Spearhead an evolutionary uplift in universal consciousness by awakening people to the importance of their unique role. This that is already encoded in them by way of a deep and often ignored or undervalued passion defined as their Dream.”
Through motivational speech, Daniel shares his vision of empowerment and joy, as well as via books he has authored, his “Do it With Dan” podcast series (which is available on all major platforms), frequent blogging, articles, and a series of worldwide workshops. Daniel also offers coaching and consultations in groups and in one-on-one sessions. Each of these sessions honors his mission and helps his clients find meaning and joy in their lives.
Daniel is also a voracious reader, publicly documenting his challenge to read a book every week. He loves to travel, write and perform as a singer-songwriter, and practice Kundalini yoga, meditation, and Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. He is also an outspoken promoter of entrepreneurial philanthropy, as well as an ambassador for the Mangena Foundation (in addition to working with several charities across the globe).
To contact Daniel, go to www.dreamwithdan.com. He can also be found on most major social media platforms with the handle @dreamerCEO.
- “A big part of my work is stripping away the excuses that people have that they can’t have an abundant joyful purpose in their life.” - Dan Mangena
- “I was just kind of juggling the fallout of being autistic versus now because I understand what my gift is, I refer to it as a gift rather than a disability.”
- “Sometimes now when something goes wrong, I am almost excited because now it’s another really funny story to tell people.” - Laura Petersen
- “What the law of relativity says is that everything it just is, something becomes positive or negative agreeable or disagreeable based on the story that we attached to it.” - Dan Mangena