Series 5 of 7: Overcoming the Spirit of Insecurity, Ep 23
Manage episode 349462111 series 3383716
Welcome Back! I am your host, Dawn Simmons, and in this episode of Conquering Our Unseen Enemies we are continuing our 7-part series for the next 3 weeks including this week, which is the remainder of 2022. This week we are going to be discussing the spirit of Insecurity. This series focuses on 7 demons that are common in our lives that I want to address them openly and focus on understanding them and evicting them as we end 2022. The plan is to enable us to start 2023 with a new heart for the Lord. Then on week 8, a new beginning as we enter into 2023.
Top Show Points:
· We are continuing our focus on our 7-part series. This week we are going to be discussing the spirit of Insecurity.
· A few weeks ago I sat down to hear from the Lord on specifically what content He wanted included. I shared what He wanted me to share with you.
· The Spirit of Insecurity is a quiet spirit. Most of us experience insecurity in some area at some level.
· The Spirit of Insecurity is a strongman demon. You will likely see the demon or also referred to as the Spirit of Inferiority, self-pity, the spirit of loneliness, timidity, the spirit of shyness, inadequacy and the spirit of ineptness working together with Insecurity.
· We don't ever want to live our lives thinking there is a demon around every corner or that demons are responsible for every bad thing in our life or give excuses for our behavior that a demon is responsible and not us.
· Example of people out there claiming to be Christian and saying things like this that lead others astray.
· John 14:6 "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
· Importance of an active Bible reading plan, it will be helpful in gaining wisdom and understanding and is required for the gift of spiritual discernment." Jesus always responded to satan with the correct use of scripture and so should we.
· Example of Jane who is demonized by the Spirit of Insecurity joined by inadequacy, ineptness and inferiority.
· James 1:6,
· Jeremiah 17:7-8,
· One of the best things you can do to rid yourself of Insecurity is read the Bible.
· 5 steps to Security in Him:
o Acknowledge it:
o Understand it:
o Replace it:
o Be accountable:
We encourage you:
· To have an active Bible reading plan, it will be helpful in gaining wisdom and understanding and it is required for the gift of spiritual discernment
· Also, I want to encourage you to visit our website and join our Warrior community. I am working on planning some live events and the only way to be included in that is to be a part of our Warrior Community. Just visit our website, www.conqueringourunseenenemies.com, and join from the Home page or the Resources page.
I have enjoyed our time this week and look forward to spending time with you again next week!