Series 3 of 7: Overcoming the Spirit of Impatience, Ep 21
Manage episode 348170175 series 3383716
Welcome Back! I am your host, Dawn Simmons, and in this episode of Conquering Our Unseen Enemies we are continuing our focus on our 7-part series for the next 5 weeks, which is the remainder of 2022. We started the series discussing the Spirit of Bitterness, the Spirit of Strife. This week we are discussing the spirit of Impatience. With 4 weeks left, the 4 demons we will be addressing in the next 5 weeks are: Insecurity, Worry, Accusation and Cursing. Then we will have a new beginning as we enter into 2023.
Top Show Points:
· We are continuing our focus on our 7-part series for the next 5 weeks, We started the series discussing the Spirit of Bitterness, then the Spirit of Strife. This week we are going to be discussing the spirit of Impatience.
· A few weeks ago I sat down to hear from the Lord on specifically what content He wanted included, it became clear He wanted me to address the marriage between Him and His church. I shared what He wanted me to share with you.
· The Spirit of Impatience will generally be the Strongman and will often be accompanied by the Spirit of Agitation, The Spirit of Frustration, the Spirit of Intolerance, the Spirit of Resentment, the Spirit of Criticism.
· The Spirit of Impatience can demonize someone who is patient, so we need to understand both so we can identify when the Spirit of Impatience has made an appearance and is attempting to influence us and tempt us into actions that manifest demonization.
· Let's see what the Bible tells us about Impatience and how will you know if you are just impatient versus being influenced by the Spirit of Impatience. When we want to understand how the Lord sees impatience, we want to look for what the Bible says regarding patience, the virtues associated with what direction His truth guides us. Galatians 5:22, Ephesians 4:2, Psalm 37:7, Proverbs 14:29, Proverbs 15:18, Proverbs 16:32, Romans 8:25, Romans 12:12, 1 Corinthians 13:4, Hebrews 6:15, 2 Peter 3:9,
· So how can you tell the difference between just patience as an area we need to build up in our character or demonization? We are going to use the scripture as our guide.
· In all cases, based on Galatians 5:22, we know that it is an area we need to build up in our character.
· When our impatience is bringing in other sin areas, we can start to get an idea there is a demon influencing us. Asked several questions to flush out.
· 5 steps to begin to change our Impatience:
o Acknowledge it:
o Understand it:
o Address it:
o Release it to the Lord:
o Replace it:
We encourage you:
· To have an active Bible reading plan, it will be helpful in gaining wisdom and understanding and it is required for the gift of spiritual discernment
· Also, I want to encourage you to visit our website and join our Warrior community. I am working on live events and the only way to be included in that is to be a part of our Warrior Community. Just visit our website, www.conqueringourunseenenemies.com, and join from the Home page or the Resources page.
Have a great week!