Praise as a Weapon, Ep 18
Manage episode 346273651 series 3383716
Welcome Back! I am your host, Dawn Simmons, and in this episode of Conquering Our Unseen Enemies we are going to be discussing how to use praise as an act of spiritual warfare. This one act is so simple, you won't even consider it as warfare. The beauty of it is that praise can be both a defensive and offensive weapon. In the midst of it you will begin to feel rejuvenated and strengthened. I say this, but not everyone will feel this way, and some will even shy away and pull back. I used to be one of those people.
Ok so as always let's recap the Top Show Points:
· Discussed how to use praise as an act of spiritual warfare. This one act is so simple, you won't even consider it as warfare. The beauty of it is that praise can be both a defensive and offensive weapon.
· The enemy hates praise? So the sooner we can develop it into our daily lives, the more we are sharpening our weapons and getting the enemy to not want to be around us.
· Praise is coming from our heart to the Lord. It is a heartfelt way to show love, respect, thankfulness, showing and sharing with the Lord our devotion to him.
· Worship will take praise and put it to song, put it to dance, put it into action in a way that shows a surrender to the Lord. Worship provides us the opportunity to invite the Holy Spirit into our lives at that very moment
· David is probably the most famous for combining his praise of the Lord with worship. He was a musician, so it was natural for him. David wrote half of the book of Psalms,
· Psalms 138: You can hear the praise in these words and feel his heart. Now imagine these words put to song with music.
· The Praise Psalm. It's Psalm 148. if it means something to you and it is scripture and it is praise that is a trifecta weapon against the enemy. Use it!!
John 11:35, Jesus wept.
We encourage you:
· To have an active Bible reading plan, it will be helpful in gaining wisdom and understanding and it is required for the gift of spiritual discernment
· Also, I want to encourage you to visit our website and join our Warrior community.
I enjoyed our time together and I look forward to it again next week. Have a great week!