Manage episode 353151787 series 3383716
Welcome Back! I am your host, Dawn Simmons, and in this episode of Conquering Our Unseen Enemies we are discussing the Spirit of Rebellion. This is one of the worst spirits to deal with so we need to recognize it early to prevent and remove its influence in our life. To start, we will identify what rebellion is and understand how the spirit of rebellion functions and who typically you will see associated with the spirit of rebellion. Then we will identify the characteristics of a rebellious spirit. We will dig deeper to see how rebellion shapes our heart and look at rebellion from God’s perspective. I will share some real-life examples of people dealing with rebellion. Lastly, we will talk about 4 steps to evict the Spirit of Rebellion in your life.
As always let’s recap Top Show Points:
· We discussed the Spirit of Rebellion. This is one of the worst spirits to deal with so we need to recognize it early to prevent and remove its influence in our life.
· The actual definition of rebellion is: an act of violent or open resistance to an established government or ruler.
· The spirit of Rebellion is the strongman and often accompanying rebellion you will see the spirit of stubbornness, the spirit of self will, disobedience, the spirit of disrespect, and anti-submissiveness, the spirit of an anti-socialist. Most importantly, Rebellion is the spirit of the Anti-Christ. It is a complete illustration of Satan and his disobedience and disrespect for authority. God is the supreme authority.
· Let’s talk about the Characteristics of a rebellious spirit:
· God’s perspective on rebellion
o 1 Samuel 15:23
o Proverbs 17:11
o Jeremiah 28:16
o Jeremiah 29:32
o 2 Thessalonians 2:3
o Hebrews 13:8
· Story of the couple with the rebellious husband and discussed how God provides and is just
· Story of the Rebellious young pastor
· There are 4 steps we want to take to evict the enemy if we feel we have rebellion in our heart or are being tempted to rebel:
o Acknowledge it
o Rebuke it
o Repent and Seek Forgiveness
o Seek the Lord for clarification and guidance