How demons Work to Control Us
Manage episode 340804929 series 3383716
Welcome back! My name is Dawn Simmons and I am your host for Conquering Our Unseen Enemies. In this episode we are going to discuss how demons work to control us and discuss techniques you can use that will serve to not only defend but give you some offensive power in the name of Jesus. We will examine one process of control satan uses against us for his purposes. Specifically, we will be examining how possessiveness, manipulation, and dominance all work together to bring us to a place where satan controls the incomes and outcomes of our lives. I'll also share some of my experiences working with a young man who has allowed satan to control him but is trying to regain his life with Jesus. I am letting you know now, this is a hard episode for me, a dark episode to share because I want to give you a look into the reality of another person without trying to be sensationalist or scary. It is a scary place for someone already there, and I want to keep as many people as I can from being in this position.
Top show points are:
· Demons function as experts, specialists, in a particular area
· In the area of control, the demon of control will get some help in possessiveness, manipulation and dominance from other demons that frequently are associated with insecurity, sadness, fear, inferiority, rejection, accusation, guilt, and anger may make an appearance but not always.
· In the beginning of the process of control, demons will seek to be very possessive over someone. I don't mean possess; I mean to behave possessive towards the person. This can be done by creating a false sense of comfort.
· Weaknesses are being exploited and the deception has created a counterfeit love to open the door for additional demons to enter. These demons begin to plant their seeds of doubt and fear and paranoia frequently joins the group.
· The main tool used in manipulation is guilt. It keeps our wounds alive and demons will keep pressing into it. The pressing methods can be both direct and subtle.
· Being possessive and manipulative are controlling, but domination is where the act of control eclipses all else and the person is no longer able to think clearly for themselves.
· We need to do as Peter advised us and be alert and of sober mind.
· Some techniques you can use that will serve to not only defend but give you some offensive power in the name of Jesus.
o Rebuke in the name of Jesus. If this is all you can do, this is a good start to building up a defense.
o Add scripture to your rebuke. These are easy ones to remember and pull out of your mind quickly. If this is all you can do, this is a good start to building up your offense.
o Give thanks to the Lord. A thankful heart is a protected heart. This will begin the process of creating an atmosphere around you that will over time tire the enemy out and he will move on, away from you
o Scriptures to build up your strength. Adding this will position you not only to keep your house clean but help someone else with their house.
o Create a scripture journal to start building up your weapons to start conquering our unseen enemies.