Manage episode 325574463 series 2910823
Cartoonists Brad Guigar and Dave Kellett discuss mistakes that comic creators are making on Patron that are costing them money. Today's show is brought to you by Wacom, the maker of the powerful, professional, portable Wacom One!
Questions asked and topics covered...
- Stop saying "Support me on Patreon!"
- People want things for their money — stop talking about what's in it for YOU, and start talking about what's in it for the BACKERS.
- Get rid of your $1 tier
- The $2 level is a Support tier. Don't give away rewards at this level
- Too many tiers
- Too much CHATTER in your tiers
- Don't offer Physical rewards
- Social media messaging — frequent, consistent and significant
- Inconsistent delivery — Want a monthly pledge? Then you need to offer a monthly reward.
- Successful Patreon strategies that work
- How to UNpublish a Patreon tier
- Encouraging a young cartoonist
Pro Tips: 15 Things to Post of Patreon When You Don't Know What to Post on Patreon: Great ideas for exclusive rewards
Today is a great time to bump up your ComicLab membership to the $10 tier! Patreon backers at that level will get exclusive access to livestream recording sessions — as well as an archive of previous livestreams!
You get great rewards when you join the ComicLab Community on Patreon
- $2 — Early access to episodes
- $5 — Submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast. Plus $2-tier rewards.
- $10 — Gain access to the ComicLab livestreamed recording sessions (including an archive of past livestreams), plus $5-tier rewards
Listen to ComicLab on...