Manage episode 377437556 series 2401578
Should Sam Bankman Fried have just performed a rug pull? Why is it so hard to get details into USDT issuer Tether?
Zeke Faux, author of 'Number Go Up,' shares his findings after making a deep dive into the world of crypto. From skepticism to a full-blown investigation, Faux recounts his journey that led him to the heart of crypto, meeting some of the most eccentric characters in the industry. As a Bloomberg investigative reporter, Faux brings a critical eye to the crypto sphere, unearthing the bizarre, the risky, and the downright astonishing facets of what the crypto community calls a financial revolution.
Show highlights |
- What the book 'Number Go Up' is about?
- Zeke's background as an investigative reporter for Bloomberg.
- Whether Zeke is skeptical about crypto.
- Why Zeke thought it was a big deal to investigate Tether, the issuer of USDT.
- Whether he had a conclusion on the fact that he couldn't find anything big about Tether.
- Why Zeke says that Sam Bankman-Fried had a sloppy approach to risk managemen.t
- Why Zeke believes that SBF did not give so much money to charity even though he's an effective altruist.
- Wow projects like STEPN and Axie Infinity are 'clearly not the future of finance,' according to Zeke
- How SBF had such an open relationship with the media that helped him when the FTX collapse happened
- What Zeke found out investigating pig butchering scams in Cambodia
- How Zeke’s attempt to buy a Mutant Ape to get into an Ape Fest in New York City taught him about crypto’s bad user experience
Thank you to our sponsors!
Tether - Unchained:
Sam Bankman-Fried and FTX - Unchained:
Pig butchering scams - Unchained:
Crypto in developing countries
Unchained Podcast is Produced by Laura Shin Media, LLC. Distributed by CoinDesk. Senior Producer is Michele Musso and Executive Producer is Jared Schwartz.