Manage episode 327371508 series 3263560
The number one problem salespeople encounter when doing cold calls is that there’s a lot of resistance with their prospects. We attribute this to poor and outdated sales ability.
The good news though is that it’s never too late to educate yourself and learn cold calling techniques that work.
We’ve proven that when you’re equipped with the right skills, you’ll find it easy to engage and sell even if prospects don’t know anything about you and what you’re offering yet.
This is what my guest, Sean Jones, shares in this episode. He talks about cold calling techniques that work and actually helped him increase his earnings and diffuse any objection from the get-go of a sales conversation.
Cold calling doesn’t have to be ugly. Check out how you can do it successfully as you tune in to this episode.
In this episode, we cover:
- [0:00] Introduction
- [4:19] Sean shares his story
- [7:05] What selling was like 20 years ago
- [8:02] How Sean found out about 7th level
- [9:54] Getting into the advanced inner circle program
- [11:49] NEPQ™ is game-changing
- [13:01] Sean’s process for cold-calling
- [15:45] How to get “gatekeepers” to engage with you
- [16:49] The script Sean uses to engage with the actual decision makers
- [19:36] Find the real situation of your prospect
- [21:04] Setting up a discovery call where prospects want to show up
- [24:14] Consequences of not learning how to engage with prospects
- [29:19] Help prospects move forward with the purchase
✅ If you're looking to take your sales to the 7th level, book a “Clarity Call” below and let’s see if you're a good fit for our sales training program! 👇🏼📞
✅ Join the Sales Revolution: If you’re ready to do sales differently, you’re in the right place. This community is for entrepreneurs and sales pros to connect, grow, + learn the new (and highly improved) connection-based way of selling. https://www.facebook.com/groups/salesrevolutiongroup
✅ About Jeremy Miner and Matthew Ryder:
Jeremy Miner, Chairman at 7th Level, is an internationally recognized sales trainer who has taught thousands of people how to go from just getting average results in selling to becoming a high 6 figure and even 7-figure sales earner and be viewed as the "Trusted Authority" in their market.
Over the years, Jeremy has been asked by thousands of salespeople to train them on how to eliminate rejection, how to connect with their prospects, how to cold call, how to overcome their prospects objections/concerns, and finally how to close more sales without being a pushy, sleazy, disrespected salesperson. 7th Level Communications was created to take any salesperson, no matter their experience, from wherever they're in selling to getting them to a High 6 Figure and even 7-figure annual income in sales.
Visit https://7thlevelhq.com for his latest blogs, news, tips, training.
Matthew Ryder, an ex-special force turned salesman, Chief Executive Officer at Sales Sniper Consulting, and Chief Executive Officer at 7th Level, co-host of the “Closers are Losers” podcast, has been selling pretty much full-time for about 12 years. He spent the last few years selling full-time as a commission-only sales rep and has achieved the rare feat of making seven figures in commissions, averaging close to one million every month in contract value!
✅ Connect with Us:
Connect with Jeremy Miner on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miner.52
Follow Jeremy Miner on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jeremyleeminer/
Connect with Jeremy Miner on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeremyleeminer/
Connect with Matthew Ryder on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/matt-ryder-3b0a811b0/
Connect with Matthew Ryder on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/matt.ryderSS
✅ About 7th Level:
Our vision is to transform sales teams by completely disrupting selling and the traditional sales training space with the New Model of Selling. Our mission is to generate significant and sustainable increases in your business' performance, sales, and revenue. Check out the company website here: https://7thlevelhq.com/company/
✅ Where to Listen:
- Libsyn: https://closersarelosers.libsyn.com/
- iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/closers-are-losers-with-jeremy-miner/id1534365100
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2kNDyUR7fz9SqBr9iGwfwV?si=uMhsOBP4S_SBaHqAFp4EGg
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/show/closers-are-losers-with-jeremy-miner
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/u/1/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9jbG9zZXJzYXJlbG9zZXJzLmxpYnN5bi5jb20vcnNz
- Listen Notes: https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/closers-are-losers-with-jeremy-miner-jeremy-9LOxV7Huf_Q/
- Pod.casts: https://pod.casts.io/podcasts/closers-are-losers-with-jeremy-miner
- Deezer: https://www.deezer.com/en/show/1833012
Loved this episode? Please don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!