Manage episode 342883638 series 2641903
In this episode, host Alyssa Watson, DVM, is joined by Patricia Dowling, DVM, MSc, DACVIM (Large Animal), DACVCP, to talk about her recent Clinician’s Brief article, “Lower Urinary Tract Infections.” Dr. Dowling breaks down the diagnosis of bacterial cystitis—and how often it’s overdiagnosed—along with reviewing the current categories of sporadic vs. recurrent bacterial cystitis. She also provides useful details about why amoxicillin is the go-to first-choice treatment and shares some subsequent antibiotic options to choose from, if you must.
Where to find us:
- Twitter: @cliniciansbrief
- Instagram: @clinicians.brief
- Alyssa Watson, DVM - Host
- Alexis Ussery - Producer & Digital Content Coordinator
- Randall Stupka - Podcast Production & Sound Editing