080 UK Basketball Legend Cameron Mills on Leaving Your Ego & Self-Esteem on the "Bench" plus Several Sweet Benefits of Being Coachable in the Moment
Manage episode 294615580 series 2837772
This captivating conversation today took so many wild turns and twists, much like Cameron's amazing basketball moves and maneuvers on the court!
A few of our topics include:
- the back story to his infamous "Shot Heard around the Bluegrass"
- what it was like being coaching by Rick Pitino
- expectations and mindsets
- handling criticisms when they are true
- leaving your ego "on the bench"
- people pleasing & seeking validation from others
- the importance of giving and serving
- why trust is critical, especially in marriage
- the fruitless trap of making excuses
This episode is lovingly dedicated to my dad Rexford Joseph Johnson who has been a long standing UK fan (and my biggest fan for this show!) as well as my three sons. I wanted our countless hours of playing H-O-R-S-E in the driveway to finally be documented--Tune in to find out why!
CONNECT WITH CAMERON:
Cameron Mills Radio (Facebook)
Cameron Mills Ministries (Facebook)
CONNECT WITH VICTORIAhttps://anchor.fm/victoria-walker/message Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/victoria-walker/support