10 Things I Wish I Knew Before Starting to Invest in Real Estate
Manage episode 345268418 series 3360843
By Real Estate Financial Planner LLC and James Orr and James Orr. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
This is a very personal recording of a class I recorded on March 10, 2021 for our real estate investor group in Northern Colorado.
In it I share some very failures and what I wish I knew if I was getting started investing in real estate in Charlotte.
Here's my list of tips:
- Not Get Rich Quick
- "A great business at a fair price is superior to a fair business at a great price." – Charlie Munger
- Return Quadrants™
- Grass Isn’t Always Greener
- Past does not equal the Future
- Deeper Understanding of Income and Expenses
- Sharpen The Saw
Watch the video version of this class:
Resources MentionedIn this episode James mentions the following resources:
- First $100K Is The Hardest - Some more detailed information and explanation on why the first $100K is the hardest.
- Everything You Learned About Deal Analysis is Wrong - An entire class about using the Return Quadrants and reserves when analyzing deals.
- Return in Dollars Quadrant™ - Learn about the Return in Dollars Quadrant™ and each area of return on investment properties.
- Return on Investment Quadrant™ - Learn about the Return on Investment Quadrant™ and how much return you get from each area of return on investment properties.
- Cash Flow Power Meter™ - A tool to visualize how strong cash flow is on a property.
- The World's Greatest Real Estate Deal Analysis Spreadsheet™
Download a copy of the newest version of The World's Greatest Real Estate Deal Analysis Spreadsheet™ by going to: