Manage episode 348388827 series 2946050
The Conference Board announced today that the Consumer Confidence Index® declined in November, suggesting the economy has lost momentum as the year winds down. Steve Odland, President and CEO of The Conference Board, sits down with Lynn Franco, Director of Economic Indicators and Surveys, and Erik Lundh, Senior Economist for the US, to discuss what to expect for the US economy. Tune in to find out:
- How are consumers feeling now, and what do they expect in six months? What does this mean?
- How are consumers feeling about big-ticket purchases?
- What are we hearing about holiday spending?
- What’s signaling an upcoming recession?
- What is the expected impact of a recession on unemployment? Inflation? Housing?
- Are efforts by the Fed having any impact on inflation?