Manage episode 253346806 series 1511568
Get familiar with the ins and outs of proprietary trading, and how TJ Gliha went from the stock exchange floor to become Vice President of Private Client Services at Sequoia Financial Group. What are traders doing with their hands? What has QUANTS meant for Wall Street? How does TJ help business owners think through succession, financial independence, and capital structure? Find out this week on BPE. Connect with TJ on LinkedIn and visit Sequoia Financial Group online at sequoia-financial.com
- An interest in investments leads to an internship in NYC;
- New love and learning to trade in Chicago;
- The path to proprietary trading;
- Gambling and risk; Minimizing loss;
- QUANTS and how a computer changed the game;
- Prioritizing family and Sequoia Financial;
- Helping business owners manage wealth and prepare for their futures;
- Recession as an opportunity;
- What Sequoia does for businesses and how it started.
ALSO REFERENCED IN THE SHOW
- Jamie Dimon’s Harvard Business School commencement speech is on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T9Kp4NE5l4
- Listen to Admiral McRaven’s speech and our discussion on it in Bonus Episode – Admiral McRaven’s Lessons from Navy Seal Training with Steve Bales after episode 36.