Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on July 06, 2021 05:36 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 288895561 series 2836312
Becoming a caregiver can creep up on you. Maybe it starts with dropping by your mom’s house to do her laundry or taking your dad to a doctor’s appointment or delivering groceries to your friend. Gradually, you find yourself doing more and more as the person you are caring for needs more support. You may not even realize it, you are making a commitment to care for someone else.
Today we speak with Katrina who shares her experience of caregiving for her mother with Dementia. Katrina has strong values rooted in family and supporting family, which led her to care for her mother at home. Katrina’s episode is honest, raw and real. It is very inspiring to hear despite her caregiver challenges and lessons, she evolved and deepened her spiritual connection with self and with her mother.
- Introspection during caregiving.
- Learning from the challenging and suffering moments of life.
- Her self-reflection and insight have helped deepen her connection with her mother and also advocate for her mother in the health system.
- New to Caregiving Flipbook- https://www.familycaregiversbc.ca/caregiver-learning-center/read-resources/new-to-caregiving/
- Challenges and Benefits of Caregiving: https://www.familycaregiversbc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Challenges-and-Benefits-of-Caregiving.pdf
- New to Caregiving: Finding the Right Information - https://www.familycaregiversbc.ca/category/new-to-caregiving/
- Navigating the HealthCare System Resource -http://www.familycaregiversbc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Tips-for-Navigating-the-Healthcare-System.pdf
- Caregiver Support Line, Toll-Free in BC: 1-877-520-3267.
- Learn more about Katrina at https://designyourpath.ca/
Connect With Us!
Family Caregivers of BC Website https://www.familycaregiversbc.ca/
Telephone: (250) 384-0408 Toll-Free Line Within BC: 1-877-520-3267 Fax: (250) 361-2660 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BC Ministry of Health - Patients as Partners Initiative https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/partners/patients
Organized Sound Productions http://www.organizedsound.ca/