Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on July 06, 2021 05:36 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 286297453 series 2836312
Grief is a human experience and it often feels messy or is accompanied by not knowing if you are "doing it right". Grief and loss can feel isolating. And many caregivers share different examples of grief, such as grieving the loss of your old life during caregiving and then also grieving the loss of the person you are caregiving for.
Normal does not exist during grief and in today's episode, we chat with Tricia Wallace, a Clinical Counsellor with Parkinson Society BC about the topic of caregiver grief and loss and suggestions on how to work with these emotions.
- Grief and the grief process.
- Mourning rituals and practices.
- Grieving during caregiving (loss of 'old life') and also loss of the person you are caregiving for.
- There is no right or wrong way to grieve.
- Normal does not exist during grief.
- End of life planning.
Resources on Grief and Loss:
- Grief is a Universal Experience (Caregiver Grief Process and Life after Caregiving) https://www.familycaregiversbc.ca/emotions-of-caregiving/life-after-caregiving/
- Canadian Virtual Hospice on Grief and Loss - Explore the process of grief and get support from the privacy of your home. https://www.mygrief.ca/
- Canadian Virtual Hospice, Grief and Loss Articles https://www.virtualhospice.ca/en_US/Main+Site+Navigation/Home/Topics/Topics/Emotional+Health/Grief+Work.aspx
- Grief and Loss Webinarwith Thomas Attig https://www.familycaregiversbc.ca/video/coach-caregiver-loss-grief/
- The Grief Response Article, written by Janet McLean on Thomas Attig Work https://www.familycaregiversbc.ca/emotions-of-caregiving/the-grief-response/
- BC Bereavement Helpline https://www.bcbh.ca/ - Support Line: 1-877-779-2223
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Family Caregivers of BC Caregiver Support Groups https://www.familycaregiversbc.ca/family-caregiver-support-groups/
- Parkinson Society BC Resources https://www.parkinson.bc.ca/resources-services/resources/
- Caregiver Support Line, Toll-Free in BC: 1-877-520-3267.
Connect With Us!
Telephone: (250) 384-0408 Toll-Free Line Within BC: 1-877-520-3267 Fax: (250) 361-2660 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org