Manage episode 343106406 series 3236158
At last, the Toadies have taken the “Rubberneck” 25th anniversary tour on the road, a tour that lands at Metro in Chicago on October 9th.
Bassist Doni Blair called in just as the band was set to take the stage in Kansas City. Discussed in this episode:
- The legacy and impact of the “Rubberneck” album.
- The Texas explosion of the 90s (including Tripping Daisy, Hagfish, Course of Empire and Reverend Horton Heat).
- Hagfish had a one-of-a-kind anthem back in the day. 🐱
- Frontman Vaden’s voice… it’s supernatural.
- Chicago bands Doni has fond memories of, including Triple Fast Action, Tripping Daisy and Smoking Popes.
- The recent “Damn You All to Hell” EP.
- The “ballsy” choice to cover David Bowie.
- New music on the way.
- It’s time to bring back “Summer of the Strange.”
- Comic books, from Warlord and Jonah Hex to Metal Men and Ghost Rider.
- We both learned how to read because of comics.
Now is the time to go solar! Introducing Transparent Solar. With zero money down, you can go solar and enjoy benefits like a 25 year warranty, saving money on your electric bill after installation and increasing your home value. Go to sopelsolar.com to learn more!
Car Con Carne is also sponsored by Ninety Days in the 90s: A Rock N Roll Time Travel Story. It's the ultimate novel about the '90s and Chicago's music scene.
Join record store owner Darby on her trip back to 1990s Chicago as she jumps on the Grey Line to time travel back to her carefree twenties, soaking up all the pop culture and rock n roll nostalgia you could ever imagine. To learn more, go to 90daysinthe90s.com and get a signed copy of Ninety Days there, or pick it up on Amazon.com or wherever you buy books.